for sexual assault survivors in Ontario
programs for women & men
your mind, body & soul
a week long healing journey
What We Do
Paths of Courage is a unique program that offers sustained, intensive therapeutic counseling in a safe, healing, residential environment. In a peaceful setting close to nature the program combines highly effective confidence and trust-building techniques with well established psychological counseling modalities.
Paths of Courage Program is comprised of 2 facilitators, a program assistant, support staff/volunteers and a diverse group of workshop facilitators. Together, we offer a weeklong Residential Healing Program for survivors of sexual violence.
Our program is offered specifically to survivors of sexual violence who are over the age of 16 and who reside in the province of Ontario. We operate on a weeklong basis and always run men’s programs and women’s programs separately.
What To Expect
Participants in the Paths of Courage Program will have time to relax and recharge built in to the schedule, without the pressure and distractions of everyday life. For many, it will be the first time they will be free to focus on themselves, reach out to others with similar experiences, and develop the strength and momentum they need to heal.
Note: Due to confidentiality concerns, the use of electronic devices such as cell phones, I Pads, I Pods, tablets, laptops, communication devices is not allowed.
On a typical week long Paths of Courage Program
Participants will experience an afternoon of introduction and familiarization with the facility as well as with other participants.
Our first night at the program, participants and staff will gather for an opening ceremony and welcome dinner. Each morning for the remainder of the program, participants will gather for group work in the morning, and will fill the rest of their day with a combination of facilitator-led trust building activities, physical exercise, creative expression, and free time.
Each day will consist of regularly scheduled breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and snacks will be available throughout the day to keep up participant energy levels.
- Therapeutic interventions that reframe the impact of sexual abuse.
- Supportive sessions and trust-building exercises with peers and professionals
- Participation in a safe and supportive group process
- Transforming old beliefs and thought patterns
- Learning new ways to emotionally connect and release in a safe group environment
- Methods for healthy communication and positive reflection
- Outdoor activities, healthy food, fresh air and plenty of sleep
- Sacred Healing Fire
- Creative expression through art, music and interaction with nature
- Peace, quiet and soothing solitude in a tranquil environment